Ashers Caravan Safaris – Lake Turkana Cultural Festival 2015
Join us on an adventure of a life time, for the Turkana Cultural Festival an annual event held in Loyiangalani to celebrate the culture of the Communities living around Lake Turkana.
Departure Date: 27th May 2015 Return Date: 1st of June 2015
Rock Art Tour
Visits to Elmolo Villages
Swimming in the Jade Sea (Lake Turkana
Desert Museum Tours
Event Games and Performances: Boat Racing, Moran races, wrestling, Cultural performances by local artists and fashion shows CHARGES (6 days 5 nights):
All Inclusive Package: Kshs. 46,250/- / USD 550 (non– residents) per person (includes: 5 nights basic accommodation* transportation in a landcruiser, all mentioned activities and driver’s allowances)
Transportation Only Package: Kshs. 22,000/- / USD 300 per person (includes transportation costs only)
For bookings contact us on:
Call us on:
For updates check out our facebook page: AshersCaravanSafaris
Lake Turkana Cultural Festival 2015
Day 1: 27th May 2015 Departure Day
6.00 a.m.: Pick up time
6.30 a.m.: Departure time from Nairobi / Nakuru
10.30 a.m.: Arrival Nanyuki where we will have a 30 minute stopover before proceeding to Isiolo
12.30 p.m.: Arrival Isiolo town for a 1 hour lunch break.
1.30 p.m.: Proceed on with journey to Laisamis then on to South Horr
6.00 p.m.: Arrival South Horr for an overnight stay.
7.30 p.m.: Dinner
Day 2: 28th May 2015
- The group converges for an early morning breakfast.
- Morning is spent exploring South Horr
- Lunch at South Horr
- Afternoon Departure for Loyiangalani.
- Arrival Loyiangalani at 4.00 p.m. The group settles in at camp.
Day 3: 29th May 2015 Beginning of Festival
- Guests begin the day with an early morning breakfast.
- After breakfast, the group proceeds on a tour of the Rock arts and a visit to the Elmolo villages
- Return to camp for lunch.
- Afternoon is spent relaxing at camp
- The group spends the late afternoon on a sundowner tour of Lake Turkana and the Desert Museum
- Dinner at Camp
- Guests are taken to view cultural performances at the cultural site.
Day 4: 30th May 2015
- Morning is spent viewing the activities by the local communities which include: Boat racing / Moran race / Wrestling and Bao Games
- Return to Camp for Lunch
- Guests spend the afternoon either relaxing or attending the official opening of the festival.
- Barbeque Dinner at Camp
- Guests attend the music and fashion show performances at the cultural site.
Day 5: 31st May 2015
- Departure from Loyiangalani through Marsabit where guests will have a short stopover for lunch before proceeding to Isiolo town.
- Arrival Isiolo town in the evening for an overnight stay
Day 6: 1st June 2015
- After an early morning breakfast, the group departs Isiolo for Nairobi / Nakuru
- Arrival Nairobi / Nakuru in the afternoon.
End of Safari